Founded in 2002 and located in Clarksville, IA, Creative Composites has been recognized as a trusted manufacturer and distributor of specialty sound- and fire-rated door cores for more than a decade. Utilizing bio-based materials to bring innovation to conventional manufacturing methods- and green alternatives to traditional door designs- we've grown from a small research and development facility to a proven leader in architectural wood door core manufacturing.
Today, we work tirelessly to bring greater value to customers by staying ahead of current trends and continuing to develop and manufacture new product offerings that meet and exceed client expectations.
- We pioneered the RigiCore GP and RigiCore EX door cores, achieving STC ratings of 41-46
- In 2011, we developed the KB-35 and KB-38 door cores, achieving STC ratings of 34-38
- In 2012, we developed the KB-39 and KB-40, achieving STC ratings of 39 and 40 and the RigiCore Magnum with an STC rating of 47
- In 2013, we developed the RigiCore Magnum Plus with an STC rating of 49. Additionally, we added Pairs with STC ratings of 39-44 as well as added several Lite Kit options into the product family
- In 2014, we added a 20-minute Fire Listing to the STC rated Pairs and to the Lite Kit option as well as a 45-minute Fire Listing to our STC 40 and STC 45
- In 2018 we expanded the RigiCore product line and added the SL-1 and SL-2 cores which achieve STC ratings of 50-52 and introduced the RigiCore HD-20 core which achieves STC ratings of 43-46.
At Our Core customer-driven innovation
From large orders to small, Creative Composites offers a full lineup of innovative products, forward-thinking ideas, and the latest technology to deliver the results the customers need.
We specialize in developing and manufacturing a wide array of products to meet ever-changing demands for sound and fire ratings. Our entire product line is a direct reflection of our customers' needs, and each core we produce is designed to offer the convenience of both sound and fire performance in a single offering.
As a component supplier of specialty STC and fire-rated door cores, we hold ourselves to the high expectations our customers deserve. That's why all our products are put through rigorous third-party testing-including the reputable Intertek and Architectural Testing-to ensure all of our solutions meet or exceed the industry's highest standards.
With nearly 20,000 sq. ft. of production space and CNC Machinery, our custom-built solutions are designed to seamlessly integrate into your volume-production process.
We combine state-of-the-art technologies, creative concepts, and unmatched expertise to stay at the forefront of acoustical and fire-rated door innovation. Our partnership with VT Industries allows us to expand the horizons of what is possible in door core design and performance
Renewable Alternatives to Traditional Core Design
At Creative Composites, we care about the world we live in. Our very first door cores utilized natural fiber panels, and we are always seeking ways to infuse renewable methods into traditional ones.
Today, many of the cores we produce are developed and manufactured using bio-based materials, enabling us to meet customer demand for products that are needed in LEED; and Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification (FSC-C005590, SCS-COC-004128) building requirements, while at the same time meeting stringent performance needs.